While the primary role of a TV console is to provide a space for your TV, there are many ways in which you can use this piece of furniture to maximise the space available in your living room. In Singapore, more often than not, our apartments could use more space and clever organising solutions are necessary in order to keep our belongings neat and tidy.
So, how exactly do you make the most out of your living room space with a TV console in Singapore? Let’s take a look.
Bench TV consoles
A bench TV console can be a great option if your living room space is wide enough and doesn’t have much ceiling height. Bench TV consoles often boast a minimalist look. However, their downside is the fact that they generally cannot hold as many items as other forms of TV consoles.
Still, bench TV consoles have one great advantage: if you get tired of seeing them in your living room, or if you want to switch things up to give a fresh breath of air to your home decoration, they can easily be used and blend in other rooms as well.
How to choose your bench TV console:
- Think about the look and feel you want to give your living room in order to choose the right style
- Carefully assess how much storage you really need
- Make sure it is wide enough to hold your TV
Vertical TV consoles
Vertical TV consoles are similar to bookshelves with one major difference: the shelf will have a higher and wider space that can accommodate a television set. Vertical TV consoles can be as small or as big as you need them to, and can be completely open or contain some cabinets with doors.
As such, they will fit great in any room size and will be able to hold more things than a bench console. In turn, vertical TV consoles are also more bulky. Vertical spaces is often wasted in our homes, and a vertical TV console is a great solution to making the most of the space you have.
How to choose your vertical TV console:
- Assess the space available to get a suitable size
- Estimate of how much storage space you need
- Decide if you want something modular you’ll be able to rearrange at a later point
Custom-made TV consoles
Custom-made TV consoles are usually the best choice to maximise your living room space, but they tend to be much more expensive than ready-made storage solutions. A custom-made TV console will allow you to get exactly the storage space you need, while perfectly fitting into the particularities of your living room.
They can be a great addition to a refurbished HDB or a brand new condo!
How to choose your custom-made TV console:
- Decide before hand how much budget you have to buy your TV console
- Asses how much storage space you need to get a final design on point
- Consider which style would fit best with your current decoration